Classes & Workshops
- Pet First Aid Course £27 (3hrs) Sat. 16 May 10am – 1pm
- Foundation Puppy Course £135 (7 x 1 hr) (under 5 months of age)
- *Beginner Family Dog Course (over 5 months of age)
- *Follow-On Classes (having attended either of the above courses)
- Recall & Lead Walking Workshop £75 (3 x 1.5 hr)
- Fun Agility Beginners Course £85 (5 x 1 hr)
- Fun Agility Pass £65 (5 x 1 hr)
* Note: Beginner Family Dog and Follow-On classes are run by Courteous Canines, also at South Hykeham village hall on Sunday evenings.*
- Pre-Puppy Advice £85 (1.5 hr)
- Home Puppy Package £190 (4 x 1.5 hr)
- Training Issues £85 (1.5 hr)
- Training Package £140 (4 x 1 hr) or £55 p/hr
- Behaviour Consultations (click for further details)
Additional mileage will be charged at 45p per mile where return trips are over 20 miles from LN5 9JR
Foundation Puppy Course
- Monday evenings 18:45 to 19:45
Mon 17 FebFULL
- Mon 30 March
- Mon 18 May
- Mon 29 June
- Wednesday evenings 18:30 to 19:30
Wed 26 Feb 2020FULL
- Wed 15 April
- Wed 03 June
- Wed 29 July
All evening lessons at South Hykeham village hall (first evening 1.5 hrs for owners only); each course includes one outdoor Sunday lesson (10:30 to 11:30) at Thurlby Moor venue, near Witham St Hughs (complete dates on booking page).
What you can expect from our Foundation Puppy Course: Simple exercises with easy to understand explanations to make learning fun for both you and your puppy. We’ll cover all the basics you might expect – like training for sit, stay, and down; as well as how to teach your puppy to come to you when called, to walk calmly on a lead without pulling, to leave things they shouldn’t have, and to stop those annoying and frustrating behaviours like jumping up, barking for attention, and biting.
Puppy classes include: 1 x 1.5 hrs intro talk with owners only; 5 x 1 hr indoor lessons at South Hykeham village hall; 1 x 1 hr outdoor Sunday lesson near Witham St Hughs; goodies from Fish4Dogs and Feelwells; full guidance notes; clicker; certificate and rosette upon completion.
How old does your puppy need to be? Between 9 and 20 weeks of age at the start of a course, having had at least their first set of vaccinations.
Book EARLY to avoid disappointment, as spaces go fast! Book HERE
Recall & Lead Walking Workshops
- Date to be advised – email to register interest
Fed up of your dog not coming when you call? Arms being pulled out on walks? Does your dog seem more interested in everything else except you?! Let us help over 3 x 1.5 hr lessons at our secure, outdoor venue near Witham St Hughs. Book HERE
Beginners Fun Agility Course
- Sunday 29 March 2020 (10:30 to 11:30)
- Sunday 07 June 2020 (09:00 to 10:00)
Our 5 week fun activity course uses agility equipment to help build your dog’s confidence and develop focus on you, as well as mentally tiring your dog out! Young dogs under 12 months can join in too – we’ll ensure activities are tailored to protect their growing joints. Book HERE
Fun Agility (previous clients)
Once you’ve completed our Beginners Agility Course, you’ll probably want to keep up with the fun! You can purchase a Follow-On Agility Package which pays for 5 sessions and can be used on any Sundays you wish to attend (each attendance must be booked in advance and is limited to 6 dogs). Book HERE
Getting a puppy? Our Pre-Puppy Advice service will help equip you with the knowledge and peace of mind to ensure you are prepared for the arrival of your new family member. Why not make a list of questions before we come for our visit – such a useful service!
Home Puppy Package
Can’t attend evening puppy classes? A busy parent? Prefer the personal touch? This package is for you! We’ll come to your home (or anywhere convenient for you) for 4 x 1 hr appointments, plus you’ll be invited to join one of our outdoor socialisation events with puppies from a current class.
Private tuition for training issues MUST start with an initial appointment which lasts 1.5 hrs in your home, or suitable alternative venue (£85). After this, a Training Package can be booked consisting of 4 x 1 hr lessons (£140), or hourly sessions at £55 p/hr.
All lessons are tailored to your dogs’ individual needs to help resolve your dog’s most frustrating training issues:
- Pulling on lead
- Jumping up
- Not coming when called
- General lack of manners
NOTE: this is not for serious behaviour issues requiring a behaviour consultation.